I love connecting with students, readers, and writers in person and virtually through school visits, conferences, writing workshops, and other events. Please feel free to get in touch discuss rates, format, and the needs of your group or class.
What I Offer
I’m happy to tailor my presentation to your students based on class size, grade level, topic, and format. I can provide:
- Writing workshops
- Classroom visits
- Presentations and larger group talks
I draw upon my experiences as an author, senior contributing editor and podcaster at Book Riot, and current librarian and former indie bookseller to talk about any number of topics related to writing and YA books and publishing. I have an MFA in Writing for Children & Young Adults from Vermont College of Arts and have run outreach programs in high schools to encourage literacy among teens.
Some topics I’ve spoken on include:
- Using Classics Retellings in the Classroom
- The relevance of Jane Austen in pop culture
- Crafting engaging dialogue
- Writing a short story from personal experience
- Tips and tricks for writing a mystery
- YA collection development
Head on over to my Contact page to get in touch!